Many small businesses today are still using older technology. Whether they’re avoiding an upgrade because of the cost, or an “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it attitude” today’s technology offers tremendous benefits. Your copier is the hub of your office print environment; a multifunction device is where your team congregates to fax, scan, copy and print every day. If you’re using older technology, here are a few signs that it might be time for an upgrade!
• Business Goals – Are your devices helping you to achieve your business goals, or are they holding you back? If your team is spending time waiting for their documents, it might be time for an upgrade. Today’s technology is faster, more efficient, less expensive to operate and offers many options to improve productivity.
• Aging Machines – Older machines produce lower quality output, use more energy and require more frequent upkeep costing you more to operate. Once a machine reaches the ten-year mark, the total cost of ownership outweighs the cost of a new feature rich, efficient machine.
• Unnecessary Spending – A new machine can actually save money! New technology uses less energy and requires less maintenance. Another plus is better quality output. New machines rival offset output allowing you to do more in-house saving you both time and money.
• Repeated Repairs – If you know the copy repair guy by name, it’s time to upgrade. Repairs can keep an aging machine functioning, but the hassle and cost could be taking a financial toll and lowering your team’s morale. Take the money you’re spending on repairs and put it towards an upgrade.
• Security – If your copier is on your network, your entire operation is vulnerable. Security is a top priority for every business today and office copiers are particularly vulnerable if not protected. New machines offer the latest and highest level of security. This not only protects your data from unauthorized access, but can monitor and guard against unauthorized use of the machine.
A new copier can save you money and protect your network. By examining your machine’s current cost of operation, you can realistically gauge the cost benefits of upgrading to newer technology. It will save you time, money, increase productivity and help you to meet your business goals!
Have you taken our SMB Office Challenge yet? Find out how you compare with other SMBs just like you, and receive a FREE copy of our 2016 Office Print Policy Guide!