Back in “the day” (by which many people mean the pre-digital day), office documentation typically meant a collection of copy machines, a printer and maybe a fax machine. Hard copies were the rule, and the workplace was dotted with file cabinets to hold years worth of paper.
Today, of course, your staff and your customers expect fast, accurate documentation, available anywhere and anytime, and often that means replacing paper with online resources. For many SMBs, that means updating their print fleet and workflow processes; and many have found the best way to do that is with the help of a Managed Print Services (MPS) provider.
You’ll want to consider these points as you search for the best MPS provider for your business:
- What’s the provider’s reputation? Do they have a track record of proven customer success?
- What’s the plan to improve workflow? An MPS relationship should begin with a complimentary workplace analysis to identify gaps and overlaps in you print fleet. Then you can expect well-informed recommendations.
- Are the solutions customized? A provider who offers only “off the shelf” plans may be undermining productivity and costing you extra. Your MPS partner should have the means to customize a program based on integrating existing and new resources based on your specific needs and budget.
- Is security a priority? There is no room in your organization for lapses in data safety and security, so your MPS provider must be able to offer you a solid document security protocol.
- How about training? Print best practices and other training can cut down on wasted paper and toner, help foster a more eco-friendly environment, reinforce data safety points and acquaint users with the advantages of cloud technology.
- What’s the advantage for your IT staff? Taking some of the everyday print burden off your IT staff – so they can concentrate more on improving your infrastructure – is a prime example of MPS benefits.
- Is “downtime” going to be an issue? Opt for an MPS program that includes proactive maintenance to catch small problems before they become major headaches.
- And finally … how will I know my optimized print fleet is effective? Your partner should provide you with meaningful metrics on print usage, cost-per-page, cost savings and overall performance.
The right MPS provider can be a huge asset for your business. Taking the time to answer these questions will help you to find the best MPS partner for your business.